CFOs must also have the following attributes:
- Analytical wizardry
- An eye for risk and strategies for mitigation
- Advanced communication skills
- Adaptive to technology
- Leadership skills
- Industry and economic understanding
- Understand business drivers and non-financial aspects (sales, marketing, culture, etc)
- Be able to turn the complex into simple
Today, the CFO’s role is to help create a culture of growth and innovation by managing expectations between short term earnings and long term growth.
Businesses with a confident and competent CFO, who take the time to plan across all of these business priorities, are better equipped to ensure their organisations remain agile and respond swiftly to capitalise on new market opportunities and avert threats.